Activation dialogbox / Feature Requests / NetSetMan Support

NetSetMan Support

Search for already answered questions about NetSetMan (Pro) or ask new ones

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-21 12:46

Peter_R

Activation dialogbox

I have asked this before, sorry for asking again.
When a profile (automatic or manual) is being activated, a dialog box comes up and shows the status while it's being activated.

My question was this:
Could you please an option, so it will be possible not to have the profile activation dialog being displayed at all? This way, a profile could be activated without the user see it.

Your answer was this:
The activation dialog remains open if an error occurred during the activation. Otherwise, the user wouldn't be aware of activation problems. If there's no error, then the dialog will be closed one second after the profile activation is complete.

My new suggestion is:
In Preferences – General:
Could you make it possible, so the activation dialog box is only being showed if an error occurs?

#2 2024-03-21 16:31

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

Re: Activation dialogbox

We stand by our previous statement. A manual activation requires a reaction showing the activation progress.

For automatic activations however, you seem to be overlooking the two additional options in the AutoSwitch section for activating profiles without the activation dialog, but either with system messages or completely in the background.

#3 2024-03-21 17:09

Peter_R

Thanks for your answer.

Sorry, sorry, sorry!
I have totally overlooked that option in the bottom!!!
Now it's working as i want it.

#4 2024-03-22 12:34

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

No problem. We are glad you found the option you were looking for. It has actually been there since version 4.0.0.