Error connecting to networkdrive / Bug Reports / NetSetMan Support

NetSetMan Support

Search for already answered questions about NetSetMan (Pro) or ask new ones

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-21 11:15

Rens

Error connecting to networkdrive

I am using Netsetman Pro 3.03 om my laptop and I have an issue when I want to connect to a NAS drive on my network at work. When I activate the setting of that network I get the following error:

Connect N: error 86
Frame/network number bounds error

This error occurs during elevated and non-elevated mode. The connection is not made. When I make the connection by hand the connection is made. I use Windows 7 Professional and use Netsetman Pro with admin privileges. The NAS is a Synology with a Linux OS. At home I have a NAS too. This is a Qnap TS210 NAS. The network path to both NAS drives is the same. For instance:

\\nas\<same name networkfolder>

I configured both NAS drive in two different profiles in Netsetman Pro with the usercredentials on the NAS drives (like "nas\username" and "password of that user on the NAS". At home and at work I get the same error. What could cause this error? Could it be the same pathname on two different NAS drives in two different profiles?

#2 2010-10-30 21:44

NetSetMan Support
Administrator

Re: Error connecting to networkdrive

Could it be the same pathname on two different NAS drives in two different profiles?

NetSetMan only connects drives that are not connected already. It checks for each existing network drive whether its drive letter or network path are the same as the network drive to be connected.
However, in your case that doesn't seem to be the problem. There wouldn't be an attempt to connect if the path and drive letter were the problem. But you could try it out yourself easily. Silply disconnect any connected net drives manually. Then apply the NSM profile with this net drive.

Unfortunately the error message "Frame/network number bounds error" doesn't help much.
There might be a problem with the user credentials. Try using "username" instead of "nas\username" as your user name.